There are several steps in the admission process and each is described below. At each point in the process, every effort will be made to understand your specific needs to assist you in making the best decisions on treatment options.
1) Contact us by phone at 866.915.8577 to speak confidentially to our Intake Coordinator
You may be requested to complete the confidential Initial Information Form online. This form tells us about you, your treatment needs, and your insurance information.
2) Our Intake Coordinator will work with you to review the next steps in the process and answer your questions.
Topics discussed typically include one or more of the following areas:
- Our Eating disorder treatment programs
- Treatment costs
- Verification of insurance benefits
- Determining the level of care needed
- Admission procedures
- Living arrangements
- Lengths of stay
- Working with your existing professional treatment team
3) We will provide a clinical assessment conducted by a qualified mental health professional.
- Clinical Assessment
- Our Intake Department will schedule a face-to-face or phone interview to discuss review your needs and build recommendations for care.
- Medical Testing
We may ask you to obtain several medical tests from your physician, such as:
- Blood tests to assess electrolytes and other biological systems
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) test to assess heart functioning
4) Schedule an admission date
Once we have determined that River Centre Clinic meets your needs for eating disorder recovery, we will schedule a date of admission and provide additional information that helps prepare you and your family for admission.
Take the Eating Attitudes Test
The EAT-26 is the most widely cited standardized self-report screening measure that may be able to help you determine if you have an eating disorder that needs professional attention. Take the EAT-26 now by clicking on the orange button on the left and get immediate and anonymous feedback.
WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY
To ensure your confidentiality, after a decision is made about treatment, we remove identifying information (including your name, address, and e-mail address) and place it in another location to ensure that the information you provide remains confidential. All identifying information will be destroyed one month after your initial submission if you check the appropriate box at the end of the following information form.